Did I ever tell you about that time I went to Istanbul ?
Istanbul was on my list for years before I had the chance to visit last summer. While very popular, Istanbul is not the capital of Turkey, but one of the most vibrant cities in the world and all the streets are full of history.
I had a very classical trip where my main goal was to visit the main attractions, eat the local food and enjoy walking in the city. These are the main things to do in istanbul :
I have visited :
- The Sultan Ahmed Mosque known as the blue mosque because of the blue tiles used to decorate the walls of its interior
- Right in front of the blue mosque, stands Hagia Sophia, a beautiful church turned into mosque, a beautiful place where religions collide, where arabic calligraphy meets biblical imagery
- Topkapi Palace; which served as the main residence and administrative headquarters of the Ottoman sultans in the 15th century
I have walked a lot that day, so I had lunch on the terrasse of the Four Seasons Hotel in the Sultan Ahmet neighborhood which I highly recommend.
For Food :
- I had the best baklava at Karaköy Lokantası
- Hafiz Mustafa for the best lokum
- Litera Restaurant / Lounge-Club
- Enjoy a good food with a view by night at 360 Istanbul
- Have a nice cup of tea at Pomegranate Cafe with a view on the Bosphorus
For shopping and walking, it was majorly around Taksim. For party, I went to a famous club by the river called SORTIE Istanbul
I have documented my whole trip on this video, that I hope you will enjoy.